Friday, August 21, 2009

Up, up and away....

Usually I won't be rating or ranting how good movies are since I am not a fan in watching movies. Yet I take it as a leisure activity since now I am stranded in Sibu without much things to plan ahead within these two weeks semester break.

This afternoon went to watch the 3D animation movie"Up" (Pixar collaboration with Disney, woohoo) at our Sibu very own King's Theater (the one located around Premium Hotel, rather old and historical cinema). Thank God today is Friday afternoon in Sibu as there was hardly any people within the studio as I counted there was only around 17 people in a 200 seats cinema =D (no distractions as well)

To be honest, I was quite pleased as a whole after finish watching the show. Why???

First thing of cause is their well-planned plot. It just disgust me to see nowadays movie which have boring plots and does not give me the impression of having to watch for the second time. How I liked the movie was the way the scene of the old man and his wife from their younger days till their old age been clearly bought out which did not fail to amaze me.

Aside from that, the background music of the same tune applied within the movie just repeated throughout the entire movie yet depicted with different character also is a huge factor. The tune in F Major key easily creates different mood based on the change of tempo and instrumentation used. The 3/4 time signature of the music also creates the slow or fast waltz or something I bet throughout different scenes.

Moreover, I like how the straight-fowardness of the way they present the characters. If a person is good means good, bad means bad (black and white). No need all those complicated relationship between so and so... just only confuses people la == It brings back childhood memories of fairytales and fantasies which I would recommend to those who need a mental break from the complex society of ours =D Adults recommended, LOL

Anyway, it is still my opinion anyway on the movie. So if you happen to have the opportunity to go to the cinema, better not missed it =)

No comments: